Does your property have a high level of Radon?
Radon is a radioactive gas produced naturally and released by rocks, soil, and water into the atmosphere. It can accumulate into dangerous levels in commercial properties and residential homes, putting everyone who frequents the building or house at risk of contracting lung cancer.
Did you know? According to the American Lung Association, Radon is the second largest leading cause of lung cancer in the United States, killing more people every year than drunk drivers.
To determine if your commercial property contains elevated levels of radon gas, you will need to have it tested by a professional. The radon testing process for commercial properties is very different from residential radon testing. So it’s essential to hire Galloway Building Services for a certified licensed professional with more than 40 years of experience to ensure the process is completed correctly, ensuring that your tenants are safe and protected.
Our licensed specialist will explain this procedure to the property owner and any tenants living in the building to ensure that testing can be completed as scheduled and that all conditions are met before. Then our specialist will begin the process of setting up the radon testing devices.
Be aware that depending on the commercial property’s size and the number of rooms in the building will determine the number of testing units needed to obtain accurate results.
About Our Radon Testing by Our Licensed Specialist:
- A radon testing kit will need to be placed in each unit or room inside the building. The amount of kits depends on the size of the commercial building.
- The test kits will remain in the units for a minimum of 48 hours collecting data.
- When the 48 hours are completed, we will return to collect the devices.
- The test kits are promptly sent to a laboratory for analysis, but others calculate the results on-site.
- The day the kits are received at the lab is when the results will be processed and sent.
- Once the results are in, we will provide a detailed report with a complete explanation of your results and where to go from there.
It is important to note that not every testing device will have the same results. It is very common for radon levels to fluctuate in different parts of the building. Also, no level of radiation is considered entirely safe and cannot be eliminated but protecting your investment with our licensed testing specialist will provide the property owner with a detailed explanation of the radon removal process.
So, if you own a commercial property and have never had your building tested, it’s not too late. Make sure you are not putting your potential customers at risk and have your property tested by Galloway Building Services, a licensed company, to ensure you provide a safe environment for your customers/tenants. Call 314-520-6655 today for more information and to schedule a radon inspection today for peace of mind.